Tuesday, September 25, 2007

8 Years of Marriage!



When I first met Mike I could tell that he was the kind of guy I wanted to marry. He was handsome, kind, sincere, spiritual, hard working, he loved kids and loved to serve others. He was always helping someone put in a new yard or painting their house. We instantly became the best of friends and it wasn't long before I knew he was the one, although it took him a while to figure it out. We spent about 8 months being great friends and finally he kissed me! It was only 3 weeks later that we were engaged and 3 months later we were married! It was September 24 1999.
I can't believe we have been married for 8 years! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who loves the Lord, love me and loves our children. Each day I love him more and more and I thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such a great guy!

Because we are celebrating our 8th anniversary here are 8 reasons I love Mike:

1) He has a stong testimony of the Gospel.
2) He loves me and is a wonderful father to our 3 boys. He has set such a great example for them to follow, of how to be a good husband and father.
3) He loves to serve others.
4) He is a hard worker and a good provider.
5) He's got a great sense of humor and makes me laugh all the time!!
6) He admits when he is wrong and always stands for what is right.
7) He is very honest, trustworthy and loyal.
8) He keeps me grounded. Whenever I am scared or uncertain I know he is there for me. He is one of the most Faithful people I know.

Happy Aniversay Mike....I Love You Mike!!!

12 comments:

Mike said...

I love you too babe!
Mike

Hemphill Family said...

Wow 8 years already! Time flies. That was a really sweet blog. Did you get your camera fixed? You haven't blogged in a while.

Candice said...

Congratulations! I remember your wedding very well. Neal and I had only been married a few months and the day before you got married we spent the best day we've ever had at Disneyland with Tyler, Nicki, Jenny and Matt. Then the next day we got to go to the temple with you guys. It was a great weekend! What a beautiful family was started that day. We love you guys.

Nicole said...

Congratulations you guys! You are cute, cute couple with a darling family!

Kristen said...

That is such a great post! I loved seeing all the old photo's of the wedding and your cute boys.
Congtats on 8 years!!!

Amber said...

That's really cute, Summer. Congratulations on 8 years!

Tanya said...

Congratulations! You guys are so cute!

Teresa said...

Summer how cute is that. You guys make such a great couple and such cute kids! Justin and I were just looking at your pictures and had an argument about how long you were married before we got married. How dumb are we! We have been together too long!

Amber said...

Summer, I have no idea how to do it. My sister-in-law did it for me. You can aske though, she could send you the info via email. Go to my page and her name is Wendy. By the way, she has a friend who is related to you. Not sure who she is but I guess your cousin got to your page through mine. Pretty funny.

byers babes said...

Congrats Summer & Mike! I love reading your blog and seeing your cute pic updates!! Your boys are darling!! Keep up the good & creative work!

Emily said...

Summer.... your blog looks awesome! I love the sweet post about Mike! Congrats on 8 years! Can you believe how scary we look in the face mask picture! Cute pictures!!

Nicki said...

I can't believe it's been 8 yrs. It's seems like not long ago we were all having a girl's slumber party at the cabin. Do you remember I told you I hoped you'd be there the next year, and you said you did too? I was so happy when you guys got engaged, and now you have added 3 more to the mix! Love you!
Nicki

A Fun Slideshow