Sunday, September 2, 2007

Our trip to Solvang




About 2 months ago Mike and I found the cutest little town called Solvang, CA. If you go to Santa Barbara and go up in the mountains you will find it. It is a cute little Danish town. There are lots of cute Danish shops and bakery's. The whole town is just beautiful with lush trees and Danish style buildings. I feel like I am in Denmark when I'm there. If you have never been, you should take a day trip.


Anyway, the weekend before school started (9/25) Mike and I thought it would be fun to take the boys up there for a little family trip. We had alot of fun! We got really lucky because we didn't know it, but there was a car show that weekend so there was about 500 really neat cars to look at while we were there. We stayed the night in a cute little hotel and spent the whole day walking around all the shops and looking at all the cool cars. Here are some pictures.

This is what the yummy Danish bakeries looked like...and they smelled even better!! We bribed the boys all day by saying, if your good you can have one of those big yummy cookies from the bakery. It worked most of the time so you can see we went back and bought them. I think that was the highlight of the trip for them!




We found this old clock shop and I had to take pictures. They had some really neat coo coo clocks. The boys were mesmerized, as you can see.




We saw a man drawing cartoons of people and we thought it would be cute to have him draw Brigham and Joseph together (we knew Paul wouldn't sit still long enough). Here are some pictures of Brigham posing for the picture, and the boys with the artist. He looks a little scary huh! Actually he was a really nice guy.




And this is the final picture....cute huh! He asked us what theme we wanted, and since we just redecorated the boys room in camping/hunting decor, we thought it would be cute to do a hunting theme and hang it on the wall in their bedroom.




Here are some of our favorite cars at the car show. Mine is the woody and Mike's was the Cobra. It was alot of fun to see all the different cars. Brig and Joseph love cars so it was a real treat for them.




more cars..........



I think we wore Paul out! What do you think?? You can tell how much fun he had by how dirty he is.


5 comments:

Jaime said...

What a cute place! It looks like you guys had alot of fun! I would love to go there but I think before I went I would have to bottle up some will-power. Those pastrys look too yummy!!!

Kristen said...

Oh what a fun trip to take with the family!! Loved hearing about it, we will have to go there one day. Great pictures too!!

Candice said...

Hey Davis Fam I love your blog. I didn't even know you had one! Check out our family blog it's nealcandiandben.blogspot.com
Love you guys,
Candi

byers babes said...

Super cute pics, Summer! We took a trip there awhile back and it is the cutest town. The only thing is almost everything shuts down at 5 or 6pm. So, no late night ice cream runs!!!

Nicole said...

Hi Summer!! It was fun to get a message from you! Truthfully, I was looking at your Blog too. Hope you don't mind. You have the cutest boys & you and Mike look Great!!! What a cute family you guys are. It is fun keeping in touch this way.

I am jealous you went to Solvang. I grew up going there. My Dad is 100% Danish, he was the only sibling not born in Denmark so we LOVE it there. It is so charming and quaint. Jeff & I are actually hoping to go there for our anniversary next year. How fun for you guys to go!

Tell all of your family hello too. The Thompson & Waldron family are a big part of my childhood memories!

A Fun Slideshow