Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Perfect Date

Mike and I always go on a date Friday night and Brigham and Joseph are always telling me they want to go on a date too, so Saturday night I took them on a date!! We had soooo much fun! I got them all dressed up and told them they were going to take mommy on a date. They were so excited! We decided to go to Victoria Gardens to have some dinner and to see The Bee movie. When we got to the food court I told them that since we were on a date they needed to do everything by themselves... order their food, carry their tray etc. They were so dang cute. Brigham said "I'm a man huh mom". They were perfect gentlemen during dinner and I was very proud. After dinner we went to see the Bee movie and on the way to the movie Joseph said "we have to hold hands" then Brigham said " yeah, cause that's what you do on a date"(he said he heard that on one of his favorite TV shows Drake and Josh). When we got to the movie I bought them their OWN kids packs with the small popcorn drink and candy (this was a big deal because we always share everything). They walked very proudly into our movie and I was laughing as I saw people pointing and and making comments about how cute they were. They LOVED the movie! It was funny because after the lights came on Brigham said "mom this movie really made me think, and I don't think I'm gonna hurt bees anymore".
After the movie we took some pictures in front of the Christmas tree and it started to snow!! I guess every night at 8:00 the snow machines blow out fake snow. The boys had a blast running and playing. Then we decided it was time for dessert so we headed to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory where we got chocolate covered apples...YUM! On our way out we stopped by a Game Shop and I let them play video games for a while. The whole way home all they could talk about was when we were going on our next date! I had so much fun I think I'm going to make this a monthly event.

13 comments:

Hemphill Family said...

So cute, a date with your boys. You're such a good mom.

Jaime said...

That is so cute! What a cute idea! My kids loved the bee movie too! We should take all of the kids to see Mr. Emporiums Magic Toy shop the day after Thanksgiving....which brings me to my next point....are you stoked or what!!! I almost can't sleep at night cause I'm soooo excited!! I am dreaming about all of the $$$'s we are going to save :) We've got to get a game plan goin! Are you going to spend the night out here?

Kari and Brian said...

Summer,

That is so great you did that with the boys. I did the same with Tyler Saturday. It was so fun just going with him. You really are a great mom to your boys.

Shannon said...

How fun. And I say start them young! By the time they are ready to really date (hopefully years and years and years from now (smile)), they will know how to do it right. It doesn't get better than Mom.

Kristen said...

Summer I loved this!! How fun!! They are so cute!!

Nicole said...

Such a cute date night. We have just started the monthy mommy daughter & daddy daughter dates. We love it. I think it is good for our kids. You guys look like you had a blast!

DAVE AND KATIE said...

How cute!!! I loved what Brigham said about holding hands:) I laughed out loud! Sounds like you all had a really great time!

HeatherC said...

So sweet! I can't wait till my boys are old enough!! :)

Anonymous said...

How fun for you guys. You are the cutest mom ever. Love ya and hope you all have a great Thanksgiving

Candice said...

Your boys will always remember their dates with mommy. What a fantastic idea. I'll definitely have to do that with ben.

Angie said...

What a cute idea. They are such cute boys.:)

Erin said...

YOu brought "double date" seriously. TWO of them and cute too you go girl. So cute.I love the snow. I love the idea of date night with the kiddys that is awesome.

Emily said...

Summer you are the best mom ever! I am going to have to copy you and take my kids on dates for some fun times with mom. You and Mike are always so good about going out together too! So cute!

A Fun Slideshow