Friday, November 30, 2007

I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY

I know some of you are going to think I'm a total freak, but I love Black Friday!! My sister in law Jaime and I start counting down the days til Black Friday the day after Black Friday! (For those of you who are non bargain shoppers, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when you get all the great deals!) Our husbands know that is our day out to do all the shopping we want=). I hate Walmart every other day of the year, but on this day Walmart is the BEST! You can't believe the deals I got!!! Now, this is why you will think I am a freak... we went to Walmart at 9pm Thanksgiving Day, pitched our tent and spent the night on the sidewalk! It is sooo much fun, this is our 4th year doing it but this year was the best. Last year we froze our butts off so this year we brought the tent and the heaters. We were so cozy and warm. We always divide and conquer but this year we were a little short on help so my nephew Todd came and hooked us up! We were 5th in line and when the doors opened at 5 am I ran to electronics, Jaime ran to toys and Todd ran to our big stuff (Jaime's jeep, my trampoline)! Thanks Todd, you're the bomb, and when you have a bunch of crazy kiddo's runnin' around and mine are all grown I will so hook you up!!!! My mom, Kim and Erin Thompson met up with us after the doors were open and we were running around like a bunch of crazies...but we all got great deals! I told my husband that with all the money we saved I earned about $150.00 an hour! It was funny because I was the first person at electronics and I got everything we all wanted and as I was leaving people were giving me the dirtiest looks. They had an x box advertised for $199.00 normally $399.00 and I was the only person that got one (they only had one per store - lame huh)! Laptops, cameras, digital frames and playstations - we all got what we wanted! Then their is Jaime! That girl is ruthless!! She got all the toys and clothes we wanted. If you ever see Jaime at Walmart the day after Thanksgiving, you better just move out of her way and that is all I'm gonna say about that! Ha Ha!
I buy birthday presents and Wedding gifts for the whole year on this day! Seriously, you might think I'm crazy but it is such a money saver. You should try it next year, you'll be surprised at how much fun it is! We hit all the stores and were done by about 9am. We went to IHOP afterwards and shared all of our great bargains as we enjoyed a delicious breakfast together!




Here we are camping out at Walmart!


Walmart at midnight.

7 comments:

Tanya said...

That is hilarious! I always wondered who did those kind of things and now I know. =) It actually sounds like a lot of fun! I can't believe all the deals you got.

Jayne said...

wow, I thought I loved bargains, but I'm too old to sleep all night on pavement!

glad you were so successful!

jayne

Nicole said...

Wow girl, you got a lot of GREAT bargains!!! COngrats on the XBox!! That is a killer deal! How fun to have friends and family that find it as enjoyable as you do!!

Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...

You are crazy!!! I would NEVER do something like that...oh wait that's me in the picture!!! Hey only 354 days left until Black Friday 2008...yahooooooo!!!!

Kari and Brian said...

Summer you guys are crazy. But I do miss those times with Kimberly doing the same thing. I am so glad it was a sucess for you!!! Happy Holidays Love Ya.

Candice said...

It was so fun to see you guys this weekend. I only wish we had more time. Great deals on Black Friday.. wow!

A Fun Slideshow