Sunday, January 27, 2008

Garth Brooks Rocks!

Mike's Birthday was last Monday (21st) and for his Bday I got tickets to the Garth Brooks concert!! It was amazing! We had sooo much fun! He is such an amazing singer. When I bought the tickets I didn't realize that is was going to be Live on National Television, so when we got there I was really surprised that there were so many cameras. It was neat to see the taping. It was a fundraiser for the fire victims of the Southern California fires. During the taping, every time they would go to commercial Garth would totally rock out. He told us than when the camera's turned off he was going to let out his belly and get the party started...and boy did he! (not the belly part, the party part =) Here are some pictures.



Garth and his amazing fiddler. Can you believe
how much weight he's lost???



I was sooo excited when Trisha Yearwood (Brooks)
came out to sing with him! She has an awesome voice!!



Here is Garth rockin' out center stage.



Mike and I having a blast at the concert!




When the concert ended the crowd went crazy! You can't even imagine the energy in that room,
so he came out for an encore! Again, after he left the crowd went crazy so he came out with his band a second time. Then after the third time of him leaving and the crowd going wild, he came out by himself. That was the best part of the whole concert. He said that because of the taping we got kind-of ripped off, so he stood there by himself with his guitar and just sang for about 20 minutes! Everything from James Taylor "Fire and Rain", George Straight "Amarillo by morning", Bob Seager, Billy Joel "Piano Man" and he ended with Don McClean "American Pie". Mike leaned over about halfway into this and said "this guy is amazing, he can sing anything"!!! He really put on a great show! I took some video, but can't figure out how to download it yet. Watch for it in a later post.

10 comments:

Hemphill Family said...

Happy birthday Mike and Brigham.

Nicole said...

Oh you guys are LUCKY!!! We would LOVE to go to Garth Brooks. I am so glad you had a great time. What a fun Birthday and memory!!

Kari and Brian said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time. Happy birthday Mike. January 21 is a great day to have a birthday :)

HeatherC said...

Sounds wonderful.. I would have loved to hear his version of Amarillo by Morning! glad you had fun.

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Mike! Summer, you are such a good wifey to go all out for him like he goes all out for you! The pics make me feel like I was there with you, thanks! And I'm sure you had an amazing time! I'm sooo jealous! Rascal Flatts are coming to SLC in March and I am dying to go! I'll have to remember to take some good pics, too! If anyone wants to go with me, let me know! Love you guys!

Kristen said...

Your so lucky you got to go to that concert! Sounds like it was a blast!

We had fun last night, glad you put that together!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had way better seats than we did when he did his "final retirement" show. We had total nose bleed seats and all we could see was the BACK top of his balding head. Nice that you got to see the FRONT of him. Great pictures. I know you guys had fun, he does a good concert. Happy Bday to Mike!

Heather McMullin said...

YAY so much fun. Did you get goosebumps? When Cade and I saw Celine Dion we had perma goosebumps because she sang so good.

Christina said...

oh so jealous you got to go to that!! sounds so fun!

what a nice gift!!

ps: is your garage door open??

Shannon said...

Looks like you had great seats. What a fun concert to go to. Yee Hah!

A Fun Slideshow