Monday, October 8, 2007

Our 8th Anniversary Weekend

About a month ago Mike asked me what I wanted to do for our anniversary and I told him to just surprise me.....well he surprised me alright!!! What an amazing weekend! Mike arranged for his sister Lara and brother Paul to watch the kids for the weekend. Everything was a secret so I had no idea where we were going. We left our house Friday afternoon and went to the 3rd street Promenade in Santa Monica and did some shopping and ate dinner. From there Mike took me to an awesome hotel overlooking the ocean.


This was our hotel room.....


And this was our view!!

After we unpacked we went to the Pantageous
Theatre in LA and saw...


Wicked!!! It was amazing! I told Mike about 4
months ago that I wanted to see it and he told me
you had to buy ticket a year in advance, so I had
no idea until we pulled up to the theatre. If you
haven't seen this yet you have too!! It was great!


The next day we slept in until about 11:00
and then headed to the Pier for a nice long walk.
This is us at the end of the Peir.


We went to lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and got
front row seats to the Ocean. On our way home
we stopped by the Santa Anita Mall and bought
each of the boys a little toy so they would know
we were thinking of them while we were gone.
We had such a great time and it was so nice to
get away for the night and just spend time alone.
Mike did such a great job planning an amazing
anniversary weekend!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

You go MIKE! I'm impressed!!! He did all that planning, and by himself, what a dream!!
Glad you had a good time. You are looking so good Summer.

Christina said...

what?? a MAN actually can pull something off like that!??! tell Mike im impressed too!!

how fun to get away for your anniversary-those are always good times!!

Nicole said...

Aaaahh!! That is so sweet! Mike has made a lot of husbands look pretty sad! Including mine!! =) Nice job buddy & it looks like you guys had a great time! Congrats again!

Emily said...

What a sweet hubby! You deserve a weekend getaway together! Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our 8th too! Crazy that it's been 8 years!

Angie said...

LUCKY!!! Sounds like an awesome weekend.

Shannon said...

What a great little trip. I don't know if you know this but your wedding reception was Derek and my first date. It's funny how time passes and 8 years seems like forever and like a day at the same time.

Tara said...

Hey Summer! you guys looked like you really enjoyed your weekend! I don't know how Mike out does himself each year! Well, I am now officialy a "blogger " but, i cannot figure out how to add you to mine so you'll have to do that part for me. I've actually decided to host one for me and one for my family so that everyone can see my adventures (you know I've been having a TON OF THEM lately) and be in the know with my family, too! It's funny, this feels like Myspace but for big people! lol. Well, once I get access to all of my pics on David's computer, I'll have to go all out on "my blog!" Hopefully, you'll see it soon! Love ya!

JennyandTyler said...

Hey Summer! I love your blog, and that slide show is so so cute!! Tyler and I are just starting our blog so we can be in with the bloggers!! It really is so fun to get to see what is going on in everyone's life! I'm really excited to see you guys soon. Candi said you might be able to make it down for the shower...I really hope so! It is going to be so much fun! If not, I'm sure I will see you guys soon. I hope all is going well. Love you guys!

Erin said...

summer you are so cute. Im so glad you stopped to check out our blog. How are you? I can not believe you have 3 kids. You go girl. How on earth do you know Tyler and Tayna? Probably in the same ward? Im guessing. Anyway Im so glad you said hello. I check in with you later.

A Fun Slideshow