Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Things I am thankful for this week:

#1 Our Health. After being so sick for 2 weeks it really reminds you what a blessing it is to be healthy. It makes me want to make the most of each day! When I don't want to go to the gym I just have to remember what a blessing it is to be healthy enough to be able to go and by exercising I am being proactive about staying healthy. I am so grateful that our little family has good health and pray that we will always have good health.

#2 Spring!!! I love this time of year, just after the rainy season when everything is green and beautiful! We were driving to my parents house yesterday and Mike and I started talking about how beautiful this time of year is in California. We don't really get to experience the four season's here, but it is obvious that it's Spring! I love the orange and yellow wild flowers that grow along the roads and the green green grass.

#3 Snuggles in the morning! My favorite time of day is in the morning when all three of the boys jump in our bed and snuggle with us! Mike took this picture because we thought it was funny that they jumped in bed to snuggle with us and Joseph and Paul fell back to sleep.



#4 Girls Nights Out! We decided to get all the mommy cousins together once a month for a girls night out and we always have such a good time together!




January's Girls Night out- Pedicures!!


February's Girls Night out-Movies and dinner at
Islands.....mmmm mmmm mmmm!!!

I love how Dr. Phil compares mothers to bank accounts. He said most women do things for everyone but themselves. They make withdrawal after withdrawal and never make a deposit and then wonder why they are so overdrawn (exhausted, tired, stressed). I am a strong believer in a monthly mommy's night out because if mommy aint happy aint nobody happy!! I always come home so refreshed after a night out with food, fun and "girl talk"!!! Mike likes it too because then he doesn't have to listen to all my "girl talk" and I am happy and rejuvenated for another month! So if you don't have a night out get one or join us!

#5 The stork is on it's way!! I am happy to finally announce that baby #4 is on it's way! I am about 11 weeks along and feeling pretty good! Of course we are hoping for a girl, but we will be so happy for a boy too. Boys are so fun and I would be happy to have four of them, but it would be fun to have the experience of a little girl too! We'll find out in about 6 weeks and when we do we'll let you know! Hopefully our baby will be cuter than the on in this picture! Ha! Ha!




15 comments:

Heather McMullin said...

Your little terds are so cute. I wish my boys would snuggle with us still. Carter did until about 9 months ago and now he is just to busy. See you at baseball!!

Hemphill Family said...

I was wondering when you said you were so sick... Congrats.

Kristen said...

It was fun seeing all you girls in the photo! Wish I could have been there.

I'm so excited for baby #4! Can't wait to see what it is.

Glad your feeling better!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Congrats on the pregnancy. I hope youre feeling good. I hate especially the first part.

I must agreee on the "girls night out" thing. When I only had Katie, I was like, "I don't need it, I'm happy enough." The more kids you have, the more you need to get away for a bit.

I am also loving the spring this year with everything so green & colorful. Love it!

Nicole said...

Congratulations!!! Yeah that is so exciting. I hope you get a girl too, though you guys make such handsome little boys!! We can't wait to hear what it is in a few weeks!!

Tanya said...

Congratulations on baby #4!!! That is awesome. Can't wait to hear what you are having.

Candice said...

That's fantastic news. I'm excited to see if it's a boy or a girl. Either way it will be fun!

Marla said...

Congratulations!!! That is soo exciting about baby #4. Yea! I agree that mommies needing time to recharge. I do volleyball at the church with my friend Mindy and other members for about 3-4 hours once a week and it is just what I need. A little time to do things I enjoy and did before kids. I still have my own identity. We sure love those little ones don't we.

malinda said...

Congrats! If it is a boy we can trade you one of ours! That is exciting.

Jaime said...

We are sooooo happy to have another little cousin to add to our family!!! We are secretly hoping for a girl (shhhhhhhhh) but we would love another little Davis boy running around!!! Glad that you're feeling better!! Love, J

Andrea and Kent said...

What darling, darling boys.

Lisa M. Jolley said...

Congratulation Summer! Baby number 4! How are the boys taking it? You're alot braver than I, I swore that 3 was alot. There must be something in the drinking water back in Cali, cuz everyone is pregnant! Good luck! Miss ya!

Angie said...

Summer! Congratulations! i'm so excited for you! I hope you are feeling well.

HeatherC said...

Congrats Summer! Have a wonderful pregnancy :)

Tyler and Natalie Broby said...

I think that the baby in the picture is Mike, oh well I'm sure with the right combination of Gene's he'll turn out alright.

We're excited for your new arrival

A Fun Slideshow